Effective Date: March 01, 2013
- What types of data do we collect?
- How do we use the data we collect?
- How do we disclose the data we collect?
- Why do you receive e-mails?
- How can you stop receiving e-mails?
- How do we secure the data we collect?
- What about third-party websites?
- How can I access my information?
- Refer a friend
- Children under 13
- International use
- How do you submit a question or complaint?
What Type of Data Do We Collect?
We are the sole owner of information collected on the Site, except for contact lists and content that you provide to us in connection with your use of our products and services. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this privacy statement. We may obtain information that is provided during any voluntary or mandatory registration process, online payment transaction, requests for technical support, when you call or email us, or when you visit our Site. We collect information only as necessary to fulfill the purposes set forth in this privacy statement.
Generally, we collect or maintain the following categories of data:
- Customer Registration Data: when a customer, whether an individual or an entity, activates our services, creates an account at the Site we collect account information from that customer, which we refer to in this Policy as "Customer Registration Data." The Customer Registration Data we collect includes individual or contact name, company name, e-mail address, phone number and other contact information, as well as information about services requested and payment information, such as credit card number, expiration date and billing address.
- Customer Message Recipient Data: we also maintain data that has been provided to us or uploaded to the Site by our customers, which we refer to in this Policy as "Customer Message Recipient Data." Typically, Customer Message Recipient Data relates to individuals or entities who have opted in to receive email messages or other types of communications from our customers, and may include name, e-mail address, contact information, and other information. Under our Anti-Spam Policy, customers must obtain a recipient's consent prior to sending the recipient an e-mail through our service. For more information, please see the section below entitled "Why Do You Receive E-mails".
- Site Tracking: we also keep track of activity on our Site using log files stored on our web servers. We collect information, such as IP address, browser type and version, and pages you view. We also keep track of how you got to our Site and any links you click on to leave our Sites. We may gather information about any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Site. We also gather aggregated tracking information regarding overall usage of the Site and the products and services, including tallies of page views and click-through activity and the number of messages sent using our products or services. We may use this information to assist us in offering you a personalized Web experience, to assist you with technical support, to diagnose problems with our server, in connection with our security program, to administer our website, to improve our products and services and do a better job of marketing them, or to tailor our product and service offerings to you.
Although the majority of our customers are businesses, some of the Customer Registration Data submitted or maintained by us may identify or relate to an individual ("personal data"), rather than a business.
We may monitor or record any of your telephone conversations with us for quality controlpurposes, for purposes of training our employees and for our own protection.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
We may use the information we collect and maintain, including any personal data, for the following purposes:
- If you have provided your contact information to us, we may use such information to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes by various means, including regular mail, email or telephone. If we receive your express consent, we may also send you pre-recorded messages or SMS text messages.
- To process orders, requests and payments, and to communicate with our customers about their accounts or any requests, orders or payments;
- To provide requested services to our customers. The services we provide to our customers may include certain marketing and promotional services, including sending or facilitating the delivery of communications on behalf of and at the request of our customers. In such cases, our customers are responsible for the content and delivery of such communications.
- To respond to any inquiries submitted to us and to provide technical support to customers and Site visitors.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to customers or Site visitors, to display targeted advertisements, and to otherwise personalize experiences at the Site;
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and services, both on an aggregate and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our Site and services and responding to customer and visitor desires and preferences; and
- To detect violations of applicable policies. For example, we may use automated filters to screen the content of e-mails sent by or on behalf of our customers in order to restrict the sending of pornography or other prohibited content. We may also track or screen certain e-mail activities, such as the importation of large e-mail lists or the receipt of returned e-mails, to detect and prevent illegal spamming activities.
How Do We Disclose the Data We Collect?
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information, whether Customer Information or Customer Recipient Data, without prior consent. We may however, disclose the information we collect or maintain, including personal information, without prior consent as described below:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third- party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform the following functions on our behalf: such as credit card processing to bill you for goods and services and a live chat vendor to assist us with customer service marketing analysis services to help manage our online advertising, customer relationship management services, and internal system monitoring and performance services. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information and to use such information only as directed by us.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if parts of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the personal information we have collected to the acquiring company or entity. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our Web site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may also disclose the information we collect in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-identified Information. We may also share non-personally identifying information in the aggregate with third parties, such as the media, industry observers, potential customers or partners. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our Sites or evaluated or purchased our products and services.
Why Do You Receive Emails?
If you received one or more marketing or promotional e-mails ("commercial e-mails") from us, it means that a) your email address is on our list of customers, trial users or prospective customers; or b) you have provided us your email address so that we could contact you. If you believe you received an email from us in error, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our customers may also use e•Contact System’s service to send commercial e-mails to users who have opted-in to receive such e-mails. According to e•Contact System’s Anti-Spam Policy, our customers are not permitted to send unsolicited marketing or promotional e-mails, and are required to obtain opt-in consent from a recipient, prior to sending a commercial e-mail to the recipient's e-mail address. While we have a strict Anti-Spam Policy, we cannot guarantee that our customers will always honor such policy. If you believe you have received an e-mail from one of our customers in error or in violation of our Anti-Spam Policy, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
How Can You Stop Receiving Emails?
Our Anti-Spam Policy tolerates only permission-based email. You may choose to opt-out or select your email preferences when you sign-up for our email lists. You always have the opportunity to opt-out or change preferences by following a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages sent by us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, anyone receiving emails from us on behalf of our customers always has the opportunity to opt-out of email messages by using the opt-out link included in the link in the footer of the message. If you believe that you have received an unsolicited commercial email from us on behalf of any of our customers, you may report it to us at email@example.com.
If you have unsubscribed but continue to receive e-mail from us or from one of our customers, you may report this to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that unsubscribe requests may take up to 7 - 10 days to process.
Some communications (for example, important account notifications and billing information) are considered transactional and are necessary for all of our customers. You must cancel your e•Contact System account to unsubscribe from these communications. To cancel your e•Contact System account, please email us at email@example.com.
If you wish to opt-out from receiving text messages, calls or other direct mailings from us you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do We Secure the Personal Data We Collect?
We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We use industry-recognized technical safeguards, such as firewalls, and have adopted and implemented security procedures to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. Also, each customer establishes their own unique user name and password that must be entered when logging into the customer's account.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Notwithstanding our efforts, e•Contact System cannot guarantee 100% of the time absolute or unqualified protection of this information given the open nature and resulting instability of the Internet and World Wide Web, and we make no representations or warranties as to the effectiveness of our security and assume no liability for security breaches or any failure in the security of your computer equipment, your internet service provider or other networks and communications providers.
If you have any questions about security on our site, please email us at email@example.com.
What About Third Party Websites?
The Site contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any third party websites. Customers and visitors who link to other third party websites from the Site should check the privacy and security policy statements of such third party websites to understand the policies and practices of such third party websites as we are not responsible for those policies and practices. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information to the owner of such third party websites. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
To manage the information we receive about you from an SNS or any other third party, you will need to follow the instructions from that party for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. The information we collect is covered by this privacy statement and the information the third party collects is subject to such third party's privacy practices. Privacy choices you have made on any third party site will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our applications.
- Cookies: When you come to the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies. In addition, we may permit certain third parties to place cookies through our website. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site, other than by linking persistent cookies to our current customers as defined below.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. e•Contact System uses session cookies to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in to the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests, and to verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. e•Contact System uses persistent cookies that only e•Contact System, or its service providers, can read and use, to identify the fact that you are an e•Contact System customer or prior Site visitor. We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies.
- Disabling Cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Site visitors who disable their web browsers' ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, you must enable cookies in order to use our services.
- Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs): We, or the third parties we engage to track and analyze Site Data, may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information.
We also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails. They let us know which emails have been opened by recipients, allowing us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and marketing campaigns. For information on how to opt-out of receiving marketing e-mails from e•Contact System, or from an e•Contact System’s customer, please see the section "How to Stop Receiving E-mails" above.
We may from time to time engage third parties to track and analyze information about your activity on our Sites, including data gathered by cookies or web beacons.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash cookies through your browser. To learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
How Can I Access My Information?
Customers may access and amend the contact information and other account information we have collected from them by logging in to their accounts and changing their account information. In addition, individuals may request access to and modification of any personal data we have collected about them by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
You can update your account information, including your organizational information and email address, by logging in and then clicking on the My Profile tab. Account information, such as your username and password, can be changed by logging in and then clicking on the My Profile link at the top of page. The My Profile page is also where you can manage product subscriptions and billing information, such as your credit card number. If you would like to deactivate your account or obtain further information about or access to your personal information, you can do so by contacting customer support by email at email@example.com.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Refer a Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our Sites or our products and services, we will ask you for your friend's email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our website. We retain this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Such referrals may not be permissible in all situations or in all jurisdictions. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable laws in this regard. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
What About Children Under 13?
Our Site and services are not intended to be used by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from, or target our Site or services to, children under the age 13. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, if we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will remove it from our systems immediately. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian's consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are headquartered in the United States of America. Personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, merchants, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with personal information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of personal information according to this privacy statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored, however you explicitly acknowledge and consent to the fact that personal information stored or processed in the United States will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.
How Do You Submit a Question or Complaint?
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. In all cases, your continued use of any Site or our products and services or constitutes consideration and your binding acceptance to any such changes.
931-B South Main Street, Suite 182
Kernersville, NC 27284
Questions and inquiries concerning your privacy may be directed by email to email@example.com or write us:
931-B South Main Street, Ste. 182
Kernersville, NC 27284